Careers At Blackstar
Blackstar Amplification основан в Норгэмптоне (Англия) в 2004 году и официально начал существовать в 2007. Движимый страстью основателей в деле разработки инновационных усилителей, которые поражают ожидания гитаристов, Blackstar сегодня дистрибутирует продукты в более чем 50 стран по всему миру и является передовым международным брендом на рынке усилителей. Многие годы наша команда продолжает расти, ведь Blackstar всегда нацелен на талантливых индивидуалистов, которые готовы воплощать и развивать свои идеи внутри одного из самых восхитительных брендов в музыкальной индустрии.
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Launched in 2007, Blackstar are an internationally recognised Amplification company. We are a company of musicians who we are truly passionate about what we do and understand the importance of great tone - whether practicing at home or on stage in a live environment.
Blackstar are based in Northampton, England with over 50 years combined experience in guitar amplification design and production. We are totally committed to providing people with the ultimate tools for self-expression.
Due to continued business growth we are looking to appoint a number of Audio Electronics Engineers to join our established team on a full-time permanent basis. This is an important position within the R&D team and you will be key in driving the development of new audio products from initial design, through to production and post-production maintenance.
The duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Assisting with the design, input and modification of digital & analogue electronic schematics, with guidance from the Chief Engineer and wider team.
- Undertaking the building and testing of electronic prototypes.
- Advising and assisting with the sourcing of components for prototype production and testing.
- Writing and performing new audio product tests, recording and presenting results.
- Setting up Speaker test environments.
- Brainstorming new product ideas and technical requirements/ specifications.
- Communicating with UK and overseas teams on project-specific topics.
- Assisting other day-to day technical activities of the R&D department.
- Possible, infrequent overseas travel as required - this is not essential, however can be an exciting opportunity for an engineer to broaden their knowledge and experience.
The ideally sought candidate will possess the following:
- Degree qualified in electronics or similar engineering subject.
- 2+ years’ commercial experience in electronic design, ideally in audio electronics.
- Audio experience working with ADC/DAC (Analogue/Digital Converters) and associated components, Op-amps etc.
- High speed digital electronics experience, working with microcontrollers, DSPs etc.
- PCB layout experience.
The below skills would be beneficial, however not essential.
- Commercial proficiency using Altium design software.
- Appreciation of EMC and its considerations during design.
- Experience using Audio Precision test equipment.
- Experience with project coordination, helping to deliver a project from concept through to delivery.
The Person fit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Guitar or bass player is preferred.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Independent and self-reliant.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Blackstar is a very unique environment; we are all musicians and dress code is very relaxed.
- Our teams are experts in their field and we are incredibly passionate about our products and the industry as a whole.
- Most of our staff have worked in the industry for a long time and we are looking for candidates who wish to grow with the company and share in our current and future success.
- Office hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, with a willingness to work extra hours as and when required to achieve project deliverables to schedule.
- Flexible approach to working hours/environment where possible, according to business needs.
Please apply with an up to date CV for an immediate response. We are looking to hold interviews asap of which an initial telephone conversation would be the first step.
- Location: Northampton
- Ref No: KM0220
- Job Type: Permanent
- Department: Research and Development
Форма для заполнения
Если вы уверены, что обладаете нужными нам навыками, отправьте нам скачаную и заполненную форму Blackstar Application Document, с прикрепленным CV.
Или же, если вам так удобнее, пришлите нам письмо с вложенными Blackstar Application Document и CV на наш почтовый адрес: Blackstar Amplification Ltd, Suite 2, Hawes Business Centre, Sandfield Close, Moulton Park, Northampton, NN3 6EU