UK Warranty Terms and Conditions
To activate your free extended UK warranty by post, simply complete and return the UK Warranty Registration Card supplied with your product to us at: Blackstar Amplification Ltd, Beckett House, 14 Billing Road, Northampton, NN1 5AW. We must receive your UK Warranty Registration Card or your online application within 90 days of your date of purchase.
What this Warranty covers
Your Blackstar Amplification Ltd warranty covers:
- Defects in the materials and workmanship of a Blackstar Amplification product (the 'Product') purchased through an authorised dealer of Blackstar Amplification Ltd (the 'Authorised Dealer').
What this Warranty does not cover
Your Blackstar Amplification Ltd warranty does not cover:
- Damage caused by negligence, modification, improper use, improper installation, incorrect mains voltages or every day wear and tear.
- Damage occurring during shipment.
- Damage caused by repair or service carried out by persons not authorised by Blackstar Amplification Ltd.
- A Product with a serial number which has been altered, defaced, removed or is illegible.
- A Product which was not purchased from an Authorised Dealer within the UK.
Who this Warranty covers
This Warranty shall be applicable when the original sales receipt or the Blackstar Amplification authorised proof of purchase of the Product is presented together with a copy of this UK Warranty Card and the defective Product.
The Warranty period
This Warranty shall cover the following Products and components for a term as set out below:
- Amplifiers, preamplifiers, effects pedals - 1 year, extended to 3 years*
- Speaker enclosures - 1 year, extended to 3 years*
- Valves, fuses, meters - 90 days*
*The extended warranty period is only applicable if the UK Warranty Registration Card / Online Warranty Registration is completed and received by us within 90 days of your purchase of the Products. If you choose to register using the UK Warranty Registration Card it is entirely your responsibility to return this and we shall not be liable nor do we accept any responsibility whatsoever for the non-receipt by us of this UK Warranty Registration Card. Proof of postage is not proof of receipt.
The Warranty Service
- The Warranty Service may include repairs or replacement of the Product in accordance with the terms set out herein.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to repair the defective Product at no charge.
- If we are unable to repair the defective Product, we reserve the right at our absolute discretion to provide you with a replacement which may or may not be a reconditioned unit.
- In the event a repair or replacement has been made, we shall be entitled to take and keep possession of the defective Products which is deemed to be beyond repair during the Warranty Period.
- We shall only be responsible for the cost of returning your defective Product to you if you are entitled to the terms of this Warranty.
How to obtain the Warranty service
- You must either ship or take the defective Product to your Authorised Dealer together with a copy of this Warranty, your original sales receipt or other Blackstar Amplification authorised proof of purchase.
- The Authorised Dealer may advise you to send your defective Product to our designated repair centre if it does not have the facilities to provide you with the Warranty Service.
How to obtain the Warranty service
- Our liability for any defective Product, save for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, is limited to the Warranty Services which shall be provided to you at our sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, we reserve the right to refuse you provision of the Warranty Service if (a) you are unable to provide the original sales receipt or Blackstar Amplification authorised proof of purchase; and/or (b) we have reasons to believe that you have not directly purchased the Products from any of our authorised retailers.
- Notwithstanding the Warranty Services and the provisions set out herein, we shall not be liable for any claims or damages in contract or tort or otherwise for any loss (whether direct or indirect) of profit, business, revenue, anticipated savings, damage to any other equipment or other items at the site of use , or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever.
- The terms under this Warranty do not affect your statutory rights in respect of your defective Products.
- This Warranty shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.