Artist 15 has started hissing

Discussion - Artist Series amplifiers. The New Classic.
K1251

Wed May 09, 2018 1:19 pm

I bought an Artist about a month ago, and it's been brilliant...until a couple of days ago when it started hissing. It starts as soon as you plug a guitar lead in, and is not affected by any volume or tone control. Still hisses with master volume on 0.

It's not particularly loud, and most likely wouldn't notice in practice or gig situations, but I feel it could be an issue if recording at lower volumes.

I've seen other posts around the internet about this, but there don't seem to be any answers. I'm not particularly well-versed in the technical side of amps, so I was hoping someone here might have an idea. I guess on the plus side, I've only had it a month so it's still in warranty, but this is actually the 3rd one I've had (first two were damaged in transit by useless couriers), so I'm a little reluctant to whisk it back to the store unless I really have to!

Has anyone else had this problem?

grayprog

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi,

I just received my Artist 15 yesterday and it has this white noise hiss, regardless of channel, at master volume 0.
The only time it doesn't hiss is if I take the input plug out, I think it shuts off the power tubes if there's no input.

Any update from your side on the hiss?

• Information