ID60 TVP combo: emulated output from USB

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
edgecrusher

Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:42 pm

Hi all,

I searched the forum, but didn't find my answer. It's not there yet, or I didn't search well enough. :D

I turned on the effects loop of my ID60 tvp combo with the Insider software, and set the usb in the front panel to emulated output, so I can plug my amp into a PA (mixer...), going through a DI box first.
Is anyone doing this as well? It's just that I haven't tried the output to PA yet as I don't have the right cables.
So, I guess I'm asking what cables I need.
My guess is some sort of a cable that goes from a male mini USB (that goes from the amp) to a jack, right?

I found this Roland cable:
https://www.roland.com/nl/products/rcc-10-us14/

But this is USB A (large usb connection) to a jack. I could plug in a USB cable into the amp that goes from mini USB (leaving the amp), to USB A and then connect this cable to the mentioned Roland cable (USB A side) with a USB A connector.
Would this be a good idea? Can all USB cables transfer audio? So, do I need to look for a specific one?

Or do I just buy a USB mini (male) to USB A (female) connector and then use the Roland cable?

Thanks in advance!

Wild_Rose

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:13 pm

I'm not sure if there is a USB to cable connection. :|

edgecrusher

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:45 am

Well, the cable from Roland (of which I posted a link) goes from instrument jack to usb.

And this Behringer cable does it too:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_guitar_2_usb.htm

I guess I'll just order one and get a usb mini to usb a connector to connect it to the amp and try it...
Has anyone else done this? I mean: using the usb as an emulated output to go to a PA?
No one?

• Information