S1-50 Clipping on emulated output - REVISED

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Tone 11

Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:22 pm

Hello
i checked this again last night. whether I used the emulated out, or tapping into the amp output with the Hughes & Kettner Redbox, the signal on the computer is clipped on the positive side. This would indicated that the amp is producing a distorted output. However, when i record something clean, what comes out of the amp sounds great. What is played back sound clipped...Can't make sense of this....Below was my initial post

I have an S150, purchased new in sept 2017. Mainly home use. Gigged once. Not more than 50 hrs use on the amp. I noticed today that the EO has clipping on the positive side of the signal . Used to work fine. No matter how much gain i use on my sound card, it clips. Does that on clean and overdrive channels. Connected the Hughes and Kettner Red Box instead, which samples the physical output of the amp, and the signal is clean and un-clipped, so the amp is fine.
Has anyone seen this problem before? Is the EO buffered by a valve? I am connecting XLR to XLR. Any thoughts? Also, anyone know how long the Blackstar warranty is for Canadian purchased products?

thanks
tony

• Information