Artist 30 and OCD

Discussion - Artist Series amplifiers. The New Classic.
RichardC

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:54 am

Hello, just bought a new Artist 30 - really like the clean tone but not happy with the distorted tone from my OCD pedal - too much treble and more like like the wasp in a jam jar. I was replacing a Fender Hotrod and I have used this pedal with the Hotrod for years and been pleased with the tone (gets me a Marshal-like sound when I need it). I have setup the Artist so it sounds like the Hotrod - it's just the OCD that now sounds different! Does anyone have any thoughts on this? What pedals do people use to create a Marshal sound when needed?

Rich

martyo77

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:16 pm

I use the Wampler Plexi Drive pedal. A bit pricey but it will give you a Marshall-like sound. Remember Blackstar was founded by people that worked at Marshall. And the Artist 30 can rock. I also have a Marshall DSL40C with an upgraded Vintage 30 speaker. It screams. But for all-around purposes and a more controllable clear beautiful tone ... the Artist 30 is a better choice hands down. Unless all you want is Marshall distortion. Then consider a Marshall amp.

• Information