Series One intermittant sound cut out

THE NEW #1. Series One Amplifiers.
rstringer180

Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:58 pm

My Series One 50 Head intermittently looses sound. It simply cuts out! I found that by hitting the top of the head on the right hand side sound is restored. I understand from previous forum uses others have had the same problem but as yet I've found no permeant solution. PLEASE HELP - I love the head but when this happens whilst in the middle of a gig it's really annoying and I'm finding I just can't trust it anymore!

ehalvorsen

Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Clean or replace the standby switch.

illini

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:23 pm

This is so frustrating. It seems that this is the most common issue regarding the Series One amps. I have the 100 watt model and also have this issue at times. It has happened to me on both the clean and overdrive channels, but not both together. This has to be an important bit of diagnostic information. Is it so much to ask of Blackstar to actually listen to their costumers and help them fix their product?

My guess is that it is a simple fix of a solder joint. And probably the same location for all of us. Most companies would issue a recall and fix the issue. They have to be aware of it??????????

naledixon

Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:55 am

This happened to me just today. It has been happening intermittently for a year now. In the middle of jamming - nothing. The sound drops out, and I want to say that there is also an odor (?) I have the HT 100 head and I love it, but this is a bummer. If I wait an hour, everything is right again. Does anyone know what is up with that?

illini

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:32 am

I bought mine used from Guitar Center a year and a half ago. I got the extended 2 year warranty, and I find myself hoping now that the amp will cut out all together before the warranty runs out. As it sits now, I am afraid that if I send it in, they will turn it on and say everything is working fine and just send it back. Most of the time it works fine and sounds fantastic. But I don't trust it at a gig right now. Thankfully I am just as happy running the clean channel with an overdrive pedal as I am using the drive channel. So if one goes out I just use the other.

• Information