Blackstar Powersupplies / New PSAs

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Ollie

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:47 pm

So I love my Blackstar pedals, but anyone else have issues with Powersupplies? Not only are they huge and difficult to tuck away, (I have 2).
Not to say I dislike the fact that the tubes have the correct amount of power to saturate the tubes, but I find that they are a bit of a pain. Plus the fact my dual PSA died so I got a replacement, which then broke within 2 weeks. I love my Blackstar Pedals, love the tone and the build but have found the ower supplies a bit of an issue.

So Blackstar, any plans of a new powersupply? My guitarshop said something about a new one, but I would love to hear more about it...

Cheers, Ollie

Beerman

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Seconded. Any plans for a pedalboard Power supply?

Current power demands plus horrible flying leads to convertors mean most will be driven to chosing just one Blackstar pedal. Any more and the size, weight, and especially power become just too difficult.

Also see my post in the HT Pedal thread... What is the power requirements for Blackstar pedals, 22v DC 1.1A as stated in the manual, or 16V AC 85mA as stated on the back of my HT-Drive converter?

• Information