HT-100 Sound Issue (Powering on the Amp)

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
jamminfool77

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:33 pm

One thing after the next with my new HT-100. My new problem is every time i turn on the amp, and the tubes start to warm up, this nasty sound comes through my speakers. It sounds like if you stuck the guitar cord on something metal, but, amplify that buzz sound by 20x. It doesn't matter if the volume is turned all the way down on my amp or if anything is plugged into it, minus the speaker of course.

I will then immediately shut of the amp. Sometimes when i turn it back on it makes a clicking sound over and over again. Sometimes it doesn't. However, after the second time i turn it off and back on everything is cool the rest of the night. I have no idea what this issue is but my buddy led me to believe its something with a tube or tubes.

Please help me. share your knowledge.. thanks

toneseeker

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:26 am

hi,try spraying the pins on your tubes with some electrical spray and plug them in and out a few times,they may not be making good contact,it has worked for me a few times on marshall and fender amp's i had years ago.

Ettery

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Had the exact same problem with my HT-20. It was the Power Valves i think, try and see if Blackstar can fix it for you.

jamminfool77

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:41 am

toneseeker wrote:hi,try spraying the pins on your tubes with some electrical spray and plug them in and out a few times,they may not be making good contact,it has worked for me a few times on marshall and fender amp's i had years ago.
I tried cleaning the pins on all the tubes with component cleaner and compressed air, pulled them in and out a few times and it didn't work. Must be a bigger problem, i will have to contact BlackStar Support again and be with out an amp for a while... These minor issues are starting to get annoying.. Thanks anyway for the suggestion..

eleloy

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Seeing your experience I will not send my ht-100 to Blackstar for de switching channel issue... I will live with it....

good luck.

jamminfool77

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:36 pm

eleloy wrote:Seeing your experience I will not send my ht-100 to Blackstar for de switching channel issue... I will live with it....

good luck.
There is no reason you should live with a scrwed up amp you paid hundreds for. Hopefully it's under warranty and cool guitar shops will typically give you a loaner amp. I think must guitar shops would be able to fix it faster. The only thing i can think of is that the foot switch port on the amp head is a serial port like your printer. The techs probably get an update via internet or sent to them on Cd, plug it into the serial port, and then initiate the firmware update. Maybe if you contact the BlackStar boy s in the UK they can send you the update directly.

• Information