HELP! HT Club 40 - high pitch squeal

Discussion - Artist Series amplifiers. The New Classic.
Dr B

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:19 pm

My limited edition HT Club 40 squeals like crazy non-stop. Microphonic tubes and loose solder joints have been ruled out. The noise is especially noticeable when using the high gain channel. The louder the volume is turned up, the more noticeable the squeal. (Not just because it gets louder, it becomes more pronounced). It matters not if the foot pedal is used or not. Too, it does it with or without the use of effect pedals. It also does it without anything plugged into the input jack. Anyone have a similar experience?

TY!
Dr B

Admin
Site Admin

Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:31 am

Hey,

We'd recommend having this unit inspected under warranty with one of our authorised technicians. This issue should not be occurring, and there may be an underlying issue with the amplifier which requires attention.

If the unit is within the 1 year warranty period, contact the store you purchased the amplifier from in order to arrange an inspection.

Hope this helps.
Customer Support Hub - www.blackstaramps.com/support

Dr B

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:26 pm

Thank you for the response. The unit is out of warranty. However, I had contacted Blackstar UK as well as Korg USA about this issue while the amp was still in warranty. Blackstar wrote me and said perhaps it was a microphonic tube and suggested that I contact Korg. New tubes made no difference. By the time Korg responded to my email, I had already located a warranty repair shop. The tech found a plethora of cold solder joints. The amp was 90% better afterwards, but the noise remained. As of late, it has gotten unbearable. I took it back to the warranty repair shop and, as one would expect, it won't act up for him. There it sits....................

• Information