My New ID260TVP Has Chinese Speakers!!!!!

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Madimax

Thu May 14, 2015 7:09 am

I have a ID:60 TVP and i tryed it with a celestion V30 a while back. And it didn't sound as good as the original speaker. So i put the original cheep Jensen copy back.

Regards Peter from Sweden :)

dsmmrm

Fri May 15, 2015 2:10 pm

Imagemarine wrote:I'm going to try some Celestion V30's ( have an extra pair) and some new Jensen Jet Falcon's in the ID:260
I'll post my thoughts on both in coming weeks.

"dsmmrm" I don't really have time to educate you on Chinese intellectual property theft right now. Maybe you can do some google searching? Also, If you think China really cares about international law I have some cheap Chinese Speakers from my ID:260 to sell ya. :o
I am well aware of the reputation China has for violating intellectual property rights. That has absolutely no relevance to this specific circumstance. I assume by your response you have no actual evidence, just assumption and speculation. Making public accusations based on assumption and speculation can get you sued for libel. Just small bit of "education" for you. Your welcome.

dsmmrm

Fri May 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Back on topic, modeling amps typically use full range speakers since they can do speaker emulation in software and often have line inputs that would sound like crap for backing tracks and the like i they were traditional guitar speakers. This is why even high end guitar speakers don't sound right in them.

cadblaster

Fri May 15, 2015 3:31 pm

dsmmrm wrote:Back on topic, modeling amps typically use full range speakers since they can do speaker emulation in software and often have line inputs that would sound like crap for backing tracks and the like i they were traditional guitar speakers. This is why even high end guitar speakers don't sound right in them.
+1
It sounds even worse if you pick a speaker that "adds" speaker breakup to the tone that the model is already trying to emulate. I.E. using greenbacks with a modeling amp.

jageya

Sat May 16, 2015 3:05 am

the jensen blackbirds are the chinese ones.

• Information