My New ID260TVP Has Chinese Speakers!!!!!

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Imagemarine

Tue May 12, 2015 2:03 am

I did some research on my ID:260's speakers from visible product identification codes. It looks like they are speakers from (CHUNIL CORP) http://www.kicschunil.com/. made in china!
Its no wonder they don't have labels on them and reason I cant get a response from BS Support.
I'll bet top $$ that this china speaker company steals speaker designs from Celestion and Jensen and sells to company's like Black Star at Dirt cheap prices. These Chinese company's are notorious for stealing product designs from the west.

Needless to say I can't have these speakers in my new id:260. While I'm happy with the sounds I'm getting from the amp I can only assume it could be even better with Jensen's or Celestion's.

I have some V30's that I'll try in her 1st.

BS should know how important speaker brands / types are to guitarist's. Call me petty but i can not and will not have a Chinese speaker in any guitar amp i own. I don't care if they sound ok, its not going to happen!
Shame on BS for cheaping out on speakers.

Enlive

Tue May 12, 2015 7:11 am

You said yourself it sounds good, freakingawesome if you ask me. The sound is what should matter not what country the speakers are made IMHO.

Imagemarine

Tue May 12, 2015 11:27 am

Enlive wrote:You said yourself it sounds good, freakingawesome if you ask me. The sound is what should matter not what country the speakers are made IMHO.
Knew I'd get a response such as yours. Yeah, they sound ok but how much better will they sound with name brand Jensen's, Celestion's or Eminence? This is my point. I most likely wouldn't have 2nd guessed speakers if they had labels on them. Also, the country something is designed and manufactured does is fact matter to me. Do you think BS chose this Chinese speaker because it was superior? I think not.

I know many products including the ID260 are made in China but they aren't designed by Chinese Company's.

These speakers are clearly impostors and must go.

myk.robinson

Tue May 12, 2015 1:43 pm

I'm quite curious to see where your research goes. I'm not a speaker expert/enthusiast myself, but if you haven't done so already, I would very much like to hear some recordings of your amp with the same patch/setting but different speakers, preferably with as close to the same mic placement as possible.

I'm not one to split hairs over where stuff is made, as I know that in many cases, a lot of things with different brand names come from the same factory with a simple paint/label change. Saw this a lot when I worked at a plant that manufactured air compressors (warning: unrelated story coming up). I was in tech support, and it was always interesting when a customer called complaining about something and got angry, yelling that they would never buy brand X again, and they were instead going to buy a SnapOn. It was funny to me because I knew that the compressor they said they would buy came off the same line and was actually an identical product with a paint and label change, plus it cost $4000, whereas the model they were upset about (that again, was an identical product aside from branding) ran about $700.

So marketing versus manufacturing versus real world results on the consumer side is a topic of great interest to me. That said, if you can, yeah, please post some video/audio clips and document your findings. Most of us don't have extra speakers laying around to see what works and what doesn't, and it's often difficult for someone to determine what speaker they should get to achieve a desired result.

Make me a believer ;)

Thanks

cadblaster

Tue May 12, 2015 4:01 pm

As a U.S. engineer who's spent more than a few years setting up manufacturing projects in China I find this quite amusing..... :mrgreen:
Where do you think Celestion speakers are made ? Or better yet,,, where do you think the supposed U.S. and UK made speaker companies get there cones, frames, magnets, and other parts all the while stating there US/UK made.In reality there only "assembled" in the US/UK :idea: :lol:

Imagemarine

Wed May 13, 2015 11:38 am

cadblaster wrote:As a U.S. engineer who's spent more than a few years setting up manufacturing projects in China I find this quite amusing..... :mrgreen:
Where do you think Celestion speakers are made ? Or better yet,,, where do you think the supposed U.S. and UK made speaker companies get there cones, frames, magnets, and other parts all the while stating there US/UK made.In reality there only "assembled" in the US/UK :idea: :lol:
Like I said --- its where the product is designed / engineered that matters to me. The Heritage, Gold and Blues that are made in UK. The others including V30 are made in China but designed by Celestion UK. The Chinese speakers in 260 are designed and made in China (most likely using stolen designs from the West.)
See the Difference?

Fantom

Wed May 13, 2015 1:48 pm

my ID260 has Jensen Blackbirds. bought it this past November, I wonder if they've made some changes.

dsmmrm

Wed May 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Imagemarine wrote: The Chinese speakers in 260 are designed and made in China (most likely using stolen designs from the West.)
See the Difference?
That's a pretty strong accusation. What evidence do you have other than they are missing the labels? You may actually have the exact same speakers every other ID260TVP owner has. Have you compared them directly?

I'm not splitting hairs with you, I just want to see what evidence you have when you accuse a company of breaking international law.

Actionman

Wed May 13, 2015 9:55 pm

My new EVERYTHING I have purchased in the past 25 years is made in China....lol

Not a brand snob myself though I would be curious to hear a 260 with something other than the stock speakers just for kicks.
If you ever do please record something and post it :)
Good luck

Imagemarine

Thu May 14, 2015 5:02 am

I'm going to try some Celestion V30's ( have an extra pair) and some new Jensen Jet Falcon's in the ID:260
I'll post my thoughts on both in coming weeks.

"dsmmrm" I don't really have time to educate you on Chinese intellectual property theft right now. Maybe you can do some google searching? Also, If you think China really cares about international law I have some cheap Chinese Speakers from my ID:260 to sell ya. :o

• Information