Footswitch mod ID:Core 10

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
BlackStarAddict

Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:06 am

DavidGilnot wrote:I know, that ISF control really is something of nothing isn't it? Like adding a bit more water to a too strong cup of tea. I can't understand what Blackstar thought they were supplying us with there. A simple tone control would have sufficed or, if you're modding, why not add a stacked one in the same hole?
I though the ID and ID Core had modeling preamps. If they instead have SS preamps that would make it easier. You can tap into it. A modeling preamp is tuffer to get into.

DavidGilnot

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:14 am

I think you're right. That's where the problem probably arises. It's into the Insider software or nothing, I guess. Seems I'm going to have to start using my guitar controls!

DavidGilnot

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:06 am

Nice work. So, if I am understanding this correctly, I just need to get one part and I can solder away. But what IS that part? A two pole input jack? :?

jvpprov2416

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:33 pm

This is what I bought and used just a few days ago http://www.ebay.com/itm/371671676542?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Heres another one http://www.ebay.com/itm/3PCS-6-35mm-1-4 ... SwstxVVKwe

Whatever you get just make sure it looks like these...has all 6 legs...

1/4" 6.35mm TRS STEREO/MONO AUDIOPHILE Jack Socket PCB/PANEL

I would assume it needs to be a PCB jack. The board does say PCB on it when you open it.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (168.64 KiB) Viewed 16650 times
Last edited by jvpprov2416 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jvpprov2416

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:38 pm

The only thing I dont like about this, the nut is plastic. But I was just trying to get it as cheap as possible. Took me about 20 minutes to complete. The knobs will just pull off, put like a flat head underneath them and push up. Then you have to remove the nuts, that hold them in place, then the board has 2 phillips head screws. I did not pull the board all the way, just enough to soldier both sides. I also de-soldier the on and off switch to get those wires out of my way while I worked. When I was done I soldiered them back on. I am waiting for the footswitch now....There is no hiss no nothing. I thought maybe I would be able to hear a slight hum but nothing, so that is good. When I drilled through the plastic the front side I did not pull up and off, so that kinda is messy looking, but you cant tell with the jack in place and the nut down, so who cares right??? I wish someone would figure how to trick this amp into thinking it's and id core 20 in the software, or even a 40....If anyone has any other mods, a tone control addition let me know so I can do that also. When you take off the board, it already has a small circle spot where the jack goes. I just put my drill on it, and drilled. Heheheh, did it at like 1 am in the morning, woke up my wife...

DavidGilnot

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:18 am

Brilliant. Thanks for taking the time. And apologies to the wife! You were brave to go on under the hood and take the plunge. I'll definitely be giving it a go too. Thanks for sharing.

Incidentally, what would tricking this amp into being an ID Core 20 do? The footswitch was the main missing point.

As for a tone control, oh that would be sweet. I'm still bordering on opening side ports in this,

Cheers.

jvpprov2416

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Just figured out out Insider software version 1.5.0 has the controls to operate the footswitch in an ID CORE 10 amp. Here is the link to download it....http://www.blackstarinsider.co.uk/downl ... v1.5.0.zip

DavidGilnot

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Have you managed to get it working yet? I've ordered my 1/4" socket already. Does it need the official Blackstar footswitch or just a generic one?

• Information