ID60 Footswitch Crashing

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
ninjaboy48v

Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi guys, I bought the ID60 TVP and footswitch just over a year ago (....now just out of retailer's warranty!). The amp worked fine for the first 5-6 months with great breadth of sounds which is just what I needed. I only set and stored four sounds on the amp and only ever used bank 1,2,3,4 switching back between sounds. However, during a gig - mid-song - the foot controller appeared to default to settings '128' and I was unable to fathom out - mid-song' - how to rectify the problem. I played the entire gig with one sound. The next week at rehearsals it righted itself when switched on, but then at the next gig did the same thing during soundcheck....just what you want before you're about to go. The same thing happened 4 - 5 times since. I've spoken to the guys at Blackstar who, although very helpful, didn't seem to understand the problem and suggested I connect the amp to my PC and download the latest version of the software - which I did.....and it's still happening. I love the versatility (or at least I did) of the amp, but I'm at the end of the road with this after 12 months and seriously thinking of tradinging it for something more reliable. Has this happened to anyone out there and if so how did you rectify. Please help!!!

icarusi

Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:47 am

IIRC it operates via a single 'guitar' cable. I'd try different cables and also switch cleaner on the sockets. A replacement f/s will be cheaper than replacing the whole rig.

ninjaboy48v

Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Thanks for the reply - I've tried a few different leads from amp to footswitch but it doesn't appear to solve the problem. Will keep trying though ;-)

The KIDD

Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:47 am

Man ! Sorry to hear this is happenin. This is the first post Ive seen about the FS-10 going bonkers. Im going on 11 months and with 109 user presets stored, Ive yet to experience any probs...My studio (in a basement) gets dusty very easily so I have to constantly keep the ole trusty Ensoniq SQ1 (YES! Im still usin that old dinosour... dont laugh.. :lol: ) and Her ole Alesis Data Disk storage drive (3.5 floppys..... :roll: :lol: ) REALLY CLEAN inside or they'll go buggy on me...Im doing the same thing to my FS-10 and also unplug the amp during electrical storms. Ive never done any firmware updates... Just wonderin if your "Manually" Resetting the Amp back to the Factory preset mode after each time its messed up on ya???...I know when the ole SQ1 gets buggy, I MUST totally re-intialize both sound and sequence banks to factory before She'll straighten up, then RE load my sounds back, then SEQ info...Hope its something simple!

KIDD
https://www.youtube.com/JOHNKUHNMUSIC

Mooncat69

Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:35 pm

I had some problems with my FS-10, similar to yours. My issues were caused by a faulty guitar lead used to connect the footswitch to the amplifier.

guitarman001

Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Yes, could it be the lead???
Interested to hear how you're getting on!

The KIDD

Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Yeah, I hear you guys about analog guitar leads interfacing digital equipment...I was recording one day usin the EO and I kept hearin this "sizzlin" noise at the end a note/chord decay. I use the PA for a monitor when Im recordin guitar for LIVE trx.Well, you know, being an old 70's guy, Im thinkin that a PA horn is fried, then ya think dirty pots? BUT.... it was doing it through the amp as well???. I tried this gtr cable into the bass amp, then straight into the PA and it was fine. Hmmm???.... I thought well,lets change out the gtr cable IN to the amp first and that fixed it...??? .That crazy cable works fine in everything else BUT this fuzzyassed amp.. :lol:..So yeah, do some cable swappin for sure!

KIDD
https://www.youtube.com/JOHNKUHNMUSIC

captainnemo70

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:19 pm

i see this is an old thread but.........

i just got a new ID100 head and FS10 at the weekend, the FS10 has had to go back as it was faulty, it would be ok for a while tehn it would randomly turn the tuner mode on, press back to a patch and it would be at 128 maybe or someother seemingly random number, tried differenet cables and that didnt cure it, even tried it in the shop with a different ID amp and it did the same, so waiting on a new one coming from Blackstar.

amazing how much new stuff you can buy these days thats bust, no one seems to do quality control anymore

tommytiptree

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Had similar problems with my FS10 last night at band practice. The footswitch kept changing to tuner mode then randomly changed to different channels. Tried changing cables but no difference. The footswitch is only 10 months old. Checked it a number of times today and it works ok. No problems whatsoever. Since it is now working I can't send it back under warrenty, but can I now trust it to work on my next gig. BS need to understand that their customers need reliability as these are not practice amps but gigging amps.

captainnemo70

Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:25 am

sounds like that pedals on its way out Tommy, id get it back to your shop and tell them , see what they say.
even if they hold onto it for a few days and leave it plugged into an amp, any problems with it will probably show up

• Information