New ID60 owner...firmware question

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
BillK

Fri May 16, 2014 12:22 am

My new ID60 should arrive either tomorrow or Monday.

Generally I update the firmware on most every new electronic item I buy immediately before using it. However in this case I'm not sure I should. While researching this amp I recall seeing a post somewhere (darn if I can find it now) that stated the update for the ID60 disabled the headphone out functionality and replaced it with something else (I forget exactly what it was).

Can anyone confirm or deny this for me? With a wife and two small kids I need to be able to use headphones at night when practicing. Many thanks!

Bill

maurice_moss

Fri May 16, 2014 9:42 am

Hi Bill,

You're right, there was an update which added effects loop capability..
When I updated, I think it initially switched on the effects loop using headphones/emulated-out and mp3/line-in as a default setting, but via the insider software, you can choose to have effects loop on or off

Hope that helps!

BillK

Fri May 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Thank you!

So do you HAVE to have the amp connected to your PC in order to use headphones after the update - or is something you can switch off/on from within the software then not have to have the amp connected to pc for headphone use?

Bill

maurice_moss

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:29 pm

No problem,

You dont have to have your pc connected to use headphones, no..

I usually take my laptop to practice with me so I can double check which patches i'm using before I play but hoping some kind of app will come around soon... suppose i could just write down my songs and patches that i use them for or put them in the order I'm using them... how's your experience so far?

BillK

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:09 pm

I actually returned the ID:60 for an ID:30 as the emulated out on the 60 was way too low for headphones and honestly the 60 was just gigantic for my tiny practice space. The ID:30 has worked out wonderfully though - I love it!

• Information