Version 1.4 ?

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Actionman

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:33 pm

After using my ID:260 for about 3 weeks now in live, rehearsals and home practice situations.
The floor noise on the 3 clean voicings are driving me nuts.
While playing my hollow body with very low output pickups it's extremely annoying.
Of course the louder the master volume, the louder the noise.
The B* engineers must address the communities concerns mentioned in this thread.
After producing such an amazing amp, I'm sure they can pull it off :)

Johannes Sobala

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Actionman,
maybe you saw my post on the other thread about the noise. I fear we have to live with it.

If they make the noise gate available on the other preamp types, they should definitely make it more adjustable and tweak it more accurate.
I have turned the ng off in the OD channels, because it cuts the decaying notes much too early, even in the low setting.

And, yes!, the tuner should be fixed and made better as soon as possible.

I definitely like the sound of the amp, mine is an iD30, but for the money, - 430 euros for a 30 watts solid state combo with footswitch, its surely on the expensive side of the competition - , they should really fix those bugs as soon as possible.

What disappoints me is, that here is no feedback from official side to those concerns.

BR Jo

PS: As I still have the opportunity to return my amp to the dealer, I'm really struggling with myself to change to another make for a better support.

Actionman

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Johannes Sobala wrote:Actionman,
maybe you saw my post on the other thread about the noise. I fear we have to live with it.
Hi Johannes,
Yes I did read it and you're right, it looks like for now we all have to live with it.
I'm really hoping they address these issues because I really love this amp as many of us do.
The lack of presence from the B* staff on this forum is very disappointing especially with this particular ID forum.
I guess we'll wait and see what happens
I still have faith B* will come through and finish what they started :)

whiskybreath

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:01 pm

whiskybreath wrote:
whiskybreath wrote:
whiskybreath wrote:I set up the INSIDER page the way I want it, then go to global settings, insider settings, and tick the 'save layout on exit' box, then exit. It doesn't save the layout.

Am I misunderstanding something, or is the software not capable of saving the layout on exit?

In version 1.4 I'd like to open the software with the same layout etc. that I set it to, in the same way as all the other software I've ever used.

Should I contact Blackstar about this, or are they likely to read any of the comments here?
Bump! Anyone else had this? I also contacted Blackstar a week ago about this, but am still waiting for a reply.
Still waiting for a rep.............actually I'm not waiting. What I mean is I haven't had a reply.

Why don't companies like Blackstar stop wasting both theirs and their customers time, and withdraw e-mail support, given that it goes mostly ignored? Presumably it's because, despite an economic recession, they can afford to alienate and reject both existing and potential customers. We're obviously paying far too much for their products if this is the sort of customer support they can afford to get away with.
Apparently my e-mails are invisible to Blackstar support, and my posts invisible to admin and other forum users. I've had better responses at a seance than here.

Clearly I'll need to make a more formal, litigious approach.

dradd

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:46 pm

I've been reading this thread with some interest. I've emailed Blackstar twice now about issue I'm having with the Insider software, and they've replied to each email.

Looks like they are working on a fix, and new version seems to be on the cards, but no date given as to 'when', just that it is 'around the corner'.

To be fair each email I've got back from Blackstar has been polite and friendly, so I'm happy to sit and wait knowing they are aware of the problem and are looking to address it.

Highland Star

Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:19 pm

So they are working on a fix and it's just around the corner ? That's exactly what they said to me prior to the latest version. Must be a hell of a long corner.

Actionman

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:55 pm

All I want for Xmas is all the features and fixes mentioned in the thread :)

JGuynan

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:21 am

I have spoken to support at Blackstar this morning about an issue I am having.

Installing and running the Insider software on Windows 8.1 produces a white screen when loading the software.

I was told that this is due to the fact that the Insider software does not run on Windows 8.1 but Windows 8 is fine.

And now the point to my unrelated posting.

There will be a new version of the software (1.4 I am guessing) released in the next week or two. Let's hope it fixes all of our issues.

Actionman

Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:44 pm

JGuynan wrote: There will be a new version of the software (1.4 I am guessing) released in the next week or two. Let's hope it fixes all of our issues.
Thanks for the update dude!

xsefiroth

Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:41 am

JGuynan wrote:
There will be a new version of the software (1.4 I am guessing) released in the next week or two. Let's hope it fixes all of our issues.
If they say that to you,It's very good news for new year YIPPY . :D

I hope this patch can fix all problem with all ID series. :P

• Information