Version 1.4 ?

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Highland Star

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Any news on when the next revision is available ? The tuner issue is bugging the s*** out of me !

culpster

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:54 am

Haven't heard a peep. I certainly have 3 items on my wishlist

1. Give me a CC other than 199 to save patches with midi controller
2. Give me a CC to turn the loop on and off
3. Fix the tuner

That is what I want for Christmas

cadblaster

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:25 pm

I'll add to the list..
The Noise Gate settings should be able to either be saved in a patch and/or controlled by midi PC/CC commands.
I.E. like other competitive products. :mrgreen:

The CC 199 for saving patches is a deal breaker for me. Why they choose to pick a number outside the Midi language standard is baffling..... :x

mba64

Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:29 pm

For me
The tuner issue ,and a disable the speaker emulated output, so the line out is with the TVP.

slugworth

Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:52 pm

mba64 wrote:For me
The tuner issue ,and a disable the speaker emulated output, so the line out is with the TVP.
+1 on both of these. Being able to disable the speaker emulation while keeping TVP would open up so many excellent recording possibilities.

My ID is my grab & go amp and I have no plans to use a MIDI controller with it, but for those that are I can see how the other issues mentioned would be extremely annoying.

Highland Star

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:39 am

Agreed. Why have the line out without TVP ? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

slugworth

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:15 pm

Highland Star wrote:
Agreed. Why have the line out without TVP ? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Actually it makes perfect sense, because that's how just about every traditional guitar amp with an effects loop works -- the power amp section is AFTER the FX return. And that's why they made it that way, so it would be like a traditional amp.

HOWEVER, because this is a digital amp, and because the FX loop out doubles as a speaker emulated out with TVP, we know that it is possible to output the TVP in this way. It would just be a matter of doing that without the speaker emulation. You'd still need another speaker emulation at some point in your signal if you didn't want to sound like a buzzsaw, but there are lots of ways to get that (POD, IR plugin, etc.) and that would open up a LOT of new ground for direct sound, both live and in the studio.

It's obviously technically possible, it would be easy for Blackstar to add, it wouldn't be a problem for people who didn't want to use it, and it would open up a whole new realm of brilliant possibilities for those who would use it. Basically you would be able take advantage of the incredible sound coming out of the ID's preamp+TVP in a direct signal without being limited to the onboard speaker emulation.
Last edited by slugworth on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crimsonfire

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 pm

It would be nice if blackstar could also fix the tempo delay not saving properly when using the gui. I find it quite annoying.

culpster

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 pm

+1000

How did I forget about that.

whiskybreath

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:51 pm

I set up the INSIDER page the way I want it, then go to global settings, insider settings, and tick the 'save layout on exit' box, then exit. It doesn't save the layout.

Am I misunderstanding something, or is the software not capable of saving the layout on exit?

In version 1.4 I'd like to open the software with the same layout etc. that I set it to, in the same way as all the other software I've ever used.

Should I contact Blackstar about this, or are they likely to read any of the comments here?

• Information