HT-5 settings for Classic, vintage rock, blues .

Share the sound in your head
Guitarist

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:47 am

I have a Blackstar HT-5 Combo, with extension Orange PPC 112 Cab, i am running both internal 1x10 speaker and external 1x12 speaker together and it sounds amazing for hard rock, punk rock, early heavy metal... for thrash metal tones i use boost from Bad Monkey. but here is something i miss and that's more vintage, classic rock, bluesy stuff... what do you think, how can i get those tones. i think about Cream, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Free, Boston, Budgie, Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, etc.... vintage rock i found it, it's hard to find on this amp. i have no tone knob on clean channel, i can have good clean tones only with singlecoils, but humbucker not. for guitars, i got a Strat, SG, and LP. some have paf, other high output pickups... which pickups you think would be the best with combination of this amp for vintage rock ? i also thinking of getting a good overdrive pedal and run it on clean channel to get these less distorted vintage tones. please write some helpful pickup, or od suggestions, maybe tone settings.. thanks.

PTF

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:07 am

My amp's the HT-5RW, so you may get slightly different results, but I get a great bluesy rhythm using my Strat's bridge pickup, and the following gain channel settings: Gain 2, Bass 9, Mid 7, Treble 2, ISF 7 (and Level to taste). That gives me a lovely break-up that cleans up nicely from the guitar volume.

I'm working up to add a Blackstar HT-DUAL pedal in front of the amp, so I can either push that setting with a clean boost, or add more drive depending on what I need.

Hope that helps...

salmanshahid

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:22 am

I own Ht-5rs mini stack. I play Gibson Les Paul standard (2012) with burstbucker pro pickups through it. With the settings you gave for your strat I can get vintage rock sounding leads but for vintage led zep rhythms I am still struggling. Any chord i play sounds like a chugged metal chord. I have tried a lot but this amp only produces metal. Anyone who can share led zeppelin rhythm type setting for blackstar ht-5rs mini stack?

Vierbein

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:02 pm

I use Epi LP with Irongear pickups. I have 112 v30 cab(same speaker as you)
OD Channel, minimum gain (just when you start to hear sound). Volume as much as you need.
EQ all to 5 - then small tweaks after guitar is done. You might need to roll of some bass so it doesn't fart in neck position. Use ISF to "be heard" with a backing track, find your spot then adjust mids to set the level.
The rest is done on the guitar.
My neck pickup is lower output i can go from clean to nice fat rhythm.
I use tone control to get colour i want, then tweak volume to set saturation.
Bridge PU high output more for lead tones vol way up and colour with tone.

I use "Since I've been loving you - No quarter" video as my inspiration of how guitar controls should work.

GL

• Information