DIY Pedalboard

Upload your pictures here
GroovyTubes

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:30 am

While peruzing some of the posts on here, I stumbled upon a post by Chaos731 talking about his DIY pedalboard based off of the very specific dimensions found here: http://www.lytpedalboards.com/produc...rds/superlyt32

I had a good bit of 1/2" MDF left from another project..challenge accepted.
First step was to cut the wood on the table saw. First time to ever do this without my dad's careful overwatch. Needless to say I got a little wimpy and didn't hold the board as hard as I should have....So I got some kickback from the table saw. Good thing that board didn't hit me :D

Cut the straight peices and cut the supports for the higher tier (at 14 degrees, if you plan on doing this build too). Then I spent a good hour or 2 doing right angle measurements and marking spots for the Plate joiner.

NOTE: You can see where I filled in the board with wood filler where the tablesaw kicked back on the higher tier.
I then routed the boards to give it a more proffessional look. No biggie, but biiiiigg difference in look.

Next, it was time to use the plate joiner and plate joining biscuits between the bases of the supports. You can see both the slots and the plate joining biscuits for the bottom base.
Plate joining biscuits done and glued with Titebond III! Let set for about an hour with pressure and clamps, and then for about 24 hours to fully harden. Next was paint.

Painted 2x with grey primer (let set for a day), then 2x with semi-gloss black (probably should have gone flat black - you can see every spot in semi-gloss)

This light makes it look terrible but I assure you the coat is much more level than this. Stainless steel handles added for a sleek look and portability.

The family on the board. Saved space for a Barber Tone Press and Nuenaber Wet(sp?)

All in all a fun project. Seeing as how this was my first build from start to finish, I think I did pretty well. :)

If you have the ability and the means to do this build and want to, feel free to shoot me a PM and i'll be happy to help you with anything from specs to construction

majikmojo

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:26 pm

nice job 8)

looks like a nice shop too!

GroovyTubes

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:24 am

thanks man! and it's actually our garage Image my dad just decided to buy a nice tablesaw that makes it look the part :lol:

beautifulvenom

Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:30 am

great job! here's mine, also DIY. Actually their quite alike.

• Information