HT5R H repaired, and it's smokin' hot, thank you Blackstar!

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
RCB-CA-USA

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:02 am

Welp, after a long wait and many delays on my part, plus, the repair facility wanted to burn this thing in for me so I didn't have to make a return trip, I was finally able to get my Blackstart back and it is smokin' hot -- through the headphones. It's too late to take it out of standby! If nobody's around tomorrow, I'll finally get to hear the HT-408 cab, can't wait!

And Blackstar, while going through all of this, I read articles about corporate sobotage, particualarly circuit boards, a great way to take down a good company like yours. I'd look into all of that if you haven't already. No doubt, you've ticked-off the competition with these incredible amps!

Anyways, just wanted to check in and say thank you -- THANK YOU!!!

MetalOctane

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Congrats on getting your amp back! I haven't heard of the pcb sabotage, could you post some links? Thanks.

RCB-CA-USA

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 pm

MetalOctane wrote:Congrats on getting your amp back! I haven't heard of the pcb sabotage, could you post some links? Thanks.
As soon as I can, I'll dig deep into my browser history to find all that.

I did a quick search but nothing is coming up, but it's there.

I'll try and find all that tomorrow!

In a nut-shell, capacitors and resistors get sabotaged in new designs to thwart the competition.

RCB-CA-USA

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:06 am

MetalOctane wrote:Congrats on getting your amp back! I haven't heard of the pcb sabotage, could you post some links? Thanks.
It all started with this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

You'll have to dig deep into that article to find the info...I'm too busy sleepin' and playin' to go back into all that.

Crunchifyable

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 pm

RCB-CA-USA wrote:
It all started with this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

You'll have to dig deep into that article to find the info...I'm too busy sleepin' and playin' to go back into all that.

Very interesting.

Can only hope that quality has improved. But wouldn't be surprised if most amp manufacturers have access to the same cap and resistor suppliers (meaning if there are issues, there will be issues in every line).

MetalOctane

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks RCB

RCB-CA-USA

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:36 pm

• Information