HT Stage 100 MK11 Bias LEDS

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
Adders

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:46 pm

The Blackstar HT Stage 100 head has the new feature for easy tube biasing, LEDs for bias adjustment and balance using PR1 and PR2

Checked mine today and works well, adjust until green LED goes out before Red LED comes on simple !!

Nice feature Blackstar, possible bias adjustment without removing from Head shell

brianwrym

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Hello,

I was wondering about that.. I see 2 green lights back there... so you are saying to adjust the bias until both dont show green?

Is there any information out there about this feature or is it in the manual?

Also, by doing the bias this way, do you know what the tubes are being biased to in milliamps or other?

Thanks!

Brian R.

brianwrym

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Hello,

By doing the bias according to the above (Getting both pots between green and red, amp on and off standby with a guitar cable in the input jack with the main master off) the led's stay off until I start playing... when I play heavy chords on od1 I see the right led goes into red and the left on will slightly go into red. Is this normal behavior?

I backed off both posts to where when playing the led's stay off so im curious if there is any official blackstar recommendations?

Noiseaddicted

Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:16 am

brianwrym wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:36 pm
Hello,

By doing the bias according to the above (Getting both pots between green and red, amp on and off standby with a guitar cable in the input jack with the main master off) the led's stay off until I start playing... when I play heavy chords on od1 I see the right led goes into red and the left on will slightly go into red. Is this normal behavior?

I backed off both posts to where when playing the led's stay off so im curious if there is any official blackstar recommendations?
This happens on mine as well, I think it just indicates that you are right on the dividing line. The 100 mkii sounds fabulous at this bias setting IMHO, SOOOOOOO much better than the factory preset... Saturated, chunky, sonic paradise!

• Information