Closed Back Amp

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
cayle

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:14 pm

I tried covering the open parts of the back panel to see how it would affect the sound. Definitely had a tighter bass response and more mids. To me it sounds more Marshally than before. I'm in the process of making a new back panel for my HT-20 combo. My only gripe is that I am thinking that fully closing the back of the amp would have a negative effect on the heat produced by the tubes. I mean, would it be bad for my amp?

majikmojo

Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:30 pm

since the combos's are designed open for that reason closing it up could pose a heat problem
adding another closed back cabinet to the combo would be an option....

Sonofarich

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Funny...I made a custom half-back for my HT20 combo and it made a noticeable difference with the highs and produce a little sparkle on the clean channel (think Fender-ish). I would agree with majik that covering over the small mesh vent on the back would definitely create a heat dissipation problem.

ronnie robinson

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:58 am

Valve Amps can get very hot especially if your gigging, sometimes almost too hot to touch......keeping all that heat in, around the PCB, valves and wires would not be good for the amp

• Information