ID: Core Stereo 150 with Boss GT10 multi effects pedal

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Marvel64

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:50 pm

I am considering purchasing an ID: Core Stereo 150 combo to use with my Boss GT10 stereo multi effects pedal. I would like to know if it is possible to use the Boss GT10 in stereo mode with this amp, not using the guitar input on the Blackstar but just using the stereo effects return on the back of the amp to use it in power amp mode only, bypassing the Blackstar preamp stage? Will the output volume then be controlled from the Boss GT10?

All the guitar sounds I use live are programmed in the Boss GT10, hence the reason I want to use it this way. I'm looking to buy an amp this weekend and I would appreciate any advice about this.

Marvel64

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:02 pm

Looks like I will have to answer my own question then. I took a risk and purchased this amp at the weekend to use with my Boss GT10 multi effects pedal. I tried using it by connecting my guitar into the guitar input on the GT10 pedal, I then connected the ext loop send from the GT10 to the guitar input on the amp and selected manual mode on the amp. Next I connected the L & R output from the pedal to the effects return at the back of the amp. It seems to be working the way I want it, the pre-amp appears to be bypassed and I am able to use it in power amp mode.

I have another question about which line level output to use on the GT10, I'll ask this in a separate post

Alistair

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 am

Hi I would like to fill me in on your experiences of this amp im thinking of getting the I'd core 100 stereo and I wonder about the reliability of all modeling amps generally and the longevity as there is so much to go wrong electronic wise on these amps also how is the looper? Internal gizmos are quite often disappointing as companies try to boot on as many things as they can as a selling point getting an amp that is Jack of all trades master of none. Im not particularly technical and don't have an internet connection to download effects ect. so I didn't really want the boss katana but was told in an Anderson's review that out of the 7 combos they tested the katana was the simplest ....still not sure if I should just get a valve amp as it's simple and takes pedals easily but they are heavy and valve issues can be expensive.

jimmnava760

Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:30 pm

I have the id core 100 and im trying to use my boss gt -1 effects pedal through the effects loop and no sound. At least your effects loop works! Any advice how to fix would be appciated.

• Information