ID Core Stereo Question

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
GedsDead

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:15 am

Hi guys, sorry if you've had this question a thousand times before.

I've been pretty happy with my amp for a while, but, being a big valve amp it's not exactly the most practical of items. I've been having a look around for a nice alternative and have found myself unerringly drawn to the Blackstar ID Core Stereo Series, either the 10 or 20 watt, I've always been a fan of the Blackstar line but have always seen the high end items rather than this apparently incredible entry level option.

My question is, how easy is it to record onto a computer? The USB output seems like the best option on the market, but what is the actual process? Is it easy as plug amp into my laptop and I can output directly or is there a bit more fiddling around and the need for some recording software?

Thanks a lot guys!

- Ged

Arcadio

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:55 pm

If you have an amp with a USB output, you just connect it to your computer. I imagine you could use the computer's built-in recording software but if you want something easier to use and more flexible get a program called Audacity. It's free, and what I use.

If you want to shell out money, I hear a lot of people like Reaper.

The software is called "DAW" for some reason, if you want to learn more about it.

GedsDead

Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:39 am

Thanks for a reply, I was just a little confused because I was getting conflicting information. I eventually thought to download the user manual and read for myself and it does sound this easy!

Cheers mate.

Sammosas

Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:58 am

Arcadio wrote:
The software is called "DAW" for some reason, if you want to learn more about it.
DAW is a generic term for Digital Audio Workstation.

• Information