Which do you recommend ? ID150 or ID260TVP ?

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Michelle

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi Everyone!

Im new here and Im planning to buy either the ID 150 or the ID260TVP.
I already have the HT40 tube combo which I absolutely love! It is so ultra clean, warm and punchy for my country picking stuff.

I want a good digital "back up amp" incase the tubes ever give me a problem while on tour etc and so I have been looking at the 260TVP (although I have not tried it yet) and then the new ID 150 is very interesting too being so lightweight and having a looper etc ( I have not tried this one either as no shops have them in stock ).

As I mentioned before I am looking for a warm clean punchy sound with lots of bottom end.
Which would you recommend ?

Thank you.

Enlive

Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:48 am

Hands down the ID 260 is the better choice. The tube emulation TVP is what sets it apart from other solid states, even the Core line. I would personally recommend the ID60 combo though over the 260. They sound slightly different with the 260 having less bottom end. Either that or the ID60head and use a cab. Just my two cents. This is from someone that has owned almost ever Blackstar that there is. HT 1,5,20,50,100, ID TVP 100,60,260,30 and Series One 1046L6. The TVP line is modeled after the series one line and IMO the TVP cuts the mix much better than the HT amps because of this. Hope that helps. Either way TVP over Core all day.

Enlive

Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:50 am

https://youtu.be/Q_MNrY2qUrw
Quick vid showing how close you can get to the Series One with the ID TVP.

Enlive

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:54 pm

I know it's hard to believe but again having had both, for my money, I would take the TVP over even the HT all day everyday. Like i said it cuts the mix so much better and when you add reliability and built in fx its a land slide. I remember when I had first got the TVP60 head and at the time had my HT100 head and the TVP was just so much easier to hear in the mix and the tone is incredible and feels really good when practicing . I sold my HT the same week. Of course this is just my opinion but my point is how good the TVP amps are. Hope that helps!

Michelle

Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Hi Enlive and thanks for your views, I appreciate you taking the time.
I now have the ID260TVP home and can compare to the HT40.
For me there is absolutely no competition in the quality, warmth, tone and pure clean punch
Of the HT40 over the ID260TVP, it's not even close.

Having said that the ID260TVP is still nice in its own way and the inbuilt stereo
effects really throw out a wide sound.
It does however lack warmth and can be a little harsh compared to the HT40.

I'm still on the shelf about wether I will buy it or not.
Your suggestion of the ID60TVP was interesting as I would have expected
that to have less bass and warmth than it's big brother?

Has anyone else experience of this ? If so please post.
(I'm only interested in the combos).

Another possible "negative" that the ID60TVP has is its lack of stereo effects.

Thanks again for any help.

• Information