Let's talk Blackstar Series One

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
illini

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:20 am

cadblaster wrote:I agree that shared EQ on channels sounds fine in a lot of situations, especially if your content with a single "Core" tone.
On the other hand,,, if your gigging diverse tones in a cover band situation and switching guitars etc, having separate controls and taking advantage of the midi capability (presets) is a completely different scenario. :D
That makes a lot of sense. I don't switch guitars during a show very often. The clean channel, an overdrive pedal and my volume knob give me plenty of options.

Does your amp have a volume jump going from the crunch to Super crunch?

cadblaster

Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:19 am

Yes there's volume differences between channels. There's 2 ways I handle it.
1) With any multichannel amp you pick the lowest output volume channel and set it up first. You crank that channel volume near max. Then you proceed to set your other channel volumes to match the 1st channel. Once you have those set , you use only the Master volume to control overall volume.
2) Since I'm using a GMajor2, I can create a preset with any volume as I can boost or cut as needed, with any EQ setting I like on the unit. Then it's a simple matter to link that preset to any amp channel preset you want. One push of a button on the midi controller and you've got whatever your heart desires without tap dancing. :mrgreen:
I actually have a group of presets I use with a LP, and 2nd group of presets for a strat. This makes it very easy to switch guitars in a gig without screwing around with EQ's or volumes....... :o

• Information