Wish there was more talk here.

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
illini

Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:23 am

I would love to talk more with fellow Blackstar users, but it is difficult to find a forum with many wanting to chat. I thought this site would be perfect, but most of the time it is pretty dead.

JohnBNY

Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:49 pm

I agree. Not much action here. There is a handful of people who post, but for the most part, it's hard to get any real discussion going. Same with the Mesa board. About the only board where you get regular activity is the Marshall forum, but you don't get a lot of Blackstar love there.

lurkalot

Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:46 pm

illini wrote:I would love to talk more with fellow Blackstar users, but it is difficult to find a forum with many wanting to chat. I thought this site would be perfect, but most of the time it is pretty dead.
I feel the same, thought there'd be more activity here, but no. I do check in quite often to see if there's anything new going on,

My own forum is also quiet, but then it always has been. Trouble is there's too many forums around. If this one had staff from Blackstar actually posting here on a regular basis, I bet it would be much busier.

The KIDD

Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:04 pm

Yeah, I even checked out the Google + UN offishal page and there was never a whole lot goin on there either.Wish I could GIVE more advice, suggestions etc. but Im usually the One SEEKING answers cause Im an ole road drummer pretty new to the guitar/amp world of this century.Hell,Im scared to death to plug ANY kinda USB device into this virgin ID:60 so all She knows, is what I tell her she CAN know... :lol:.Im still runnin WIN XP so......... :roll: Yep, too many forums, stomp boxes, speakers, pups, makes me cower in a corner ,in a fetal position,wimpering wishing I could click my heels and be back in good ole 1975...But, let me take this amp with me... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Id like to see a good discussion and shared experiences on Soloing Stomp Boxes used in front of the ID Series amps! Play it good tonite boys!

KIDD
https://www.youtube.com/JOHNKUHNMUSIC

illini

Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:33 am

JohnBNY wrote:I agree. Not much action here. There is a handful of people who post, but for the most part, it's hard to get any real discussion going. Same with the Mesa board. About the only board where you get regular activity is the Marshall forum, but you don't get a lot of Blackstar love there.
Doesn't seem to be much Blackstar love on many of the forums. I spend quite a bit of time on The Gear Page and it is the same way there.

illini

Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:37 am

lurkalot wrote: I feel the same, thought there'd be more activity here, but no. I do check in quite often to see if there's anything new going on,

My own forum is also quiet, but then it always has been. Trouble is there's too many forums around. If this one had staff from Blackstar actually posting here on a regular basis, I bet it would be much busier.
And I don't get that. It would seem to me a good business investment to have a presence on your own site t be able to field questions in almost real time.

What is your site?

lurkalot

Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:38 pm

I agree, there should be at least one person dropping in here from BS occasionally, I think it would be a boost of confidence for their customers. I only own a couple of BS products atm, a HT5R and a ID:Core 40, so unfortunately don't know much about other stuff other that what I've read about, or seen on YouTube.

My site, you should see next to my avatar on the right. Your welcome to pop in and say hello. >>

illini

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:58 pm

I will drop by your site. I have one of the Series One heads, but have played a few of the HT Series. I would like to pick up one of the HT 5's. I am really enjoying the Series One Head though. I started out wanting the 50 watt head, but found a 100 watt cheap enough that I couldn't pass it up. With the DPR control it is manageable for me and my music room.

Sonofarich

Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:40 am

I've found that manufacturer and/or specific brand websites don't generate a lot of general banter. Typically, you have to go to generic sites like TGP to find a lot of posting.

illini

Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:20 am

If you can point me to a site that does talk about Blackstar much I am all ears. It has been a frustration for a guy who loves to talk gear and to not really have anyone to open dialogue with.

• Information