Blackstar Series One Master Volume Question

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
JohnBNY

Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:57 am

Excellent! Congrats. I have the Series One 200, and I love it. You are not going to notice a significant difference in volume between 50 watts and 100 watts. I doubt you will be playing at volume 10 in either amp, and even if you do, the 100 watts will only be about 3 dbs louder than the 50 watts.

illini

Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:28 am

I was able to jam on the 50 watter for about a week before I sent it back. It was perfectly timed with a guitar buddy of mine in town for a visit. Neither of us had ever played the Series One, and were both quite impressed. I have a 412 loaded with V-30's and a 212 Marshall cab loaded with Greenbacks. My only concern now is being able to use the Series One 100 with the Greenbacks. I would seriously doubt that I would ever being playing the amp loud enough to blow the greenbacks, but I am going to have to be on my guard. I use that cab regularly with my 50 watt JCM 800, and it is probably louder than the Blackstar.

I have read some reviews about there not being a bad sound in the Blackstar, but that the sound gets boring after awhile. I think this could be said for most amplifiers, and the main reason there are so many great amps up for sale. I have been playing guitar for over 25 years now, and to me the Series One hits right in my wheelhouse for what I want from a two channel amp. Heck if they built an amp with just the clean channel I would be perfectly happy with it. I thought the warm clean sounded very similar to the low input of the Marshall. The high input, not so much.

illini

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:54 am

Thought I would give everyone an update. I have the new to me 100 watter in the house. Both the ISF and Master Volume work as they should, confirming for me what I already thought I knew. The ISF wasn't working right on the 50 watter either. And the amp isn't really that loud for a 100 watt amp. Must be all the tech in this beast sucking up the power.

JohnBNY

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:13 am

Congrats! Enjoy it in good health!

illini

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:36 pm

Thank you. Here is to the hope of many years of good amp health.

• Information