ID60/ID260 midi footswitch compatability?

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
yerkool

Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:58 pm

I have a question for anyone that has or is using The ID60 or ID260 with a midi foot switch.
Which is the most user friendly,Berhinger,Yamaha,Rocktron etc... I welcome any comments for those "WHO ARE ACTUALLY USING A MIDI FOOT SWITCH WITH THEIR ID 60 OR ID260"! If your not a midi foot switch user for these amps please don't post..... ;)

cadblaster

Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:00 am

There's a couple of us Midi fanatics around here with the ID amps. Plenty of threads about midi here as well. As far as "User Friendly" midi controllers,,,, Hands down it's Rocktron for me . Have and use both the Rocktron Raider and the Rocktron Midi Mate. . Have a Behringer here too that works just fine,,, but it's nowhere near as "User Friendly" as the Rocktrons..........

--By "User Friendly", I mean how easy it is to program it,, or edit what you already have set up. :mrgreen:

yerkool

Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:13 am

thanx cadblaster! I'll look into those this weekend.

yerkool

Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:10 am

hey cadblaster! I just check with my ohm/volt meter the midi pins on both my ID60 and ID260 to see if there is +9vdc on pins 3 with respect to ground,nothing...... :( I guess when I get a midi pedal I gotta get a power supply as well. Bummer :x

cadblaster

Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:36 am

The ID amp has the plain 5 pin midi, which means it's not capable of supplying power.
However,,,,,,,,,,
The Rocktron is capable of using the unpowered 5 pin midi,,,, or the 7pin powered cable. The cable you want to get is http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RDMH900
The wall wart comes with the Midi controller,,,, but it you use the cable listed above the wall wart gets plugged in at the amp, rather than at the controller. The idea being you have just the midi cable going across the stage to the controller, and no power cable/power supply etc.
Later on if you get some other midi devices to add to your setup, you just chain the 7pin cable (midi in/out/thru) to power all your other devices.

Also be aware that most midi controllers don't use the same 9v power supply as most guitar pedals. Either different voltage or the +/- are reversed at the plug.

yerkool

Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:49 am

hey cadblaster! I happen to stumble on that particular cable by rocktron as I was checking the prices on line for the Rocktron midi mate this morning! :lol: Gonna be putting and order this coming week with that Rocktron midi mate and the Rocktron midi Y cable. By the way I'm really diggin the WGS liberator on my ID60 8-) Gonna be purchasing two more in a couple of month for my ID260 I just purchase last month. I'm really diggin it,had a gig with it already and the wide spread stereo is awesome! :mrgreen: thanx for the info's......

cadblaster

Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:45 pm

Awesome. Glad you found something you like. :mrgreen:

• Information