HT-1RH volume fade

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
GrantM

Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:05 am

Hi All,

I have a Blackstar HT-1RH which lately has a problem with the volume fading away. I play at bedroom levels, usually with the gain on 10 and volume on 2. Every now and then the sound slowly fades to nothing, or down to a very low and muffled level. A change of valves seemed to rectify the problem, but just a few hours of playing later and it happened again, the volume faded to nothing. Turning the volume knob up brings the sound back instantly. Faulty volume pot?

The amp was second-hand but had very little playing time on it.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Classicplayer

Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:25 pm

What model guitar are you using? I have a Les Paul Classic that I play into my HT1R combo. On the gain channel I set my guitar's volumes around 7 to 8. The amp is set: gain about 10 o'clock; volume Just below 11 o'clock; ISF at 8'or 9 o'clock; reverb 9 o'clock. I use the guitar volumes to either increase the volume and grind or lower it get it a bit cleaner.

If you do something similar, and the amp's volume pot is not dodgy, you should have consistant volume levels. if your volume fades and you haven't touched any controls then I say a tech needs to look at that pot. Parts Is Parts online carries the replacement gain and volume pots.

Classicplayer

• Information