Should Blackstar build a Bass Overdrive?

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
therabhus

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Hahaa, fairplay! Good reply.

I'd be interested to see Blackstar enter the market with a small Bass amp, something like the Bass Terror by Orange.

Paddy

Phantom

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:52 pm

I just want a Bass Dual pedal ... I'm taking the volume way down!

Phantom.

therabhus

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:56 pm

As far as I am aware, there is nothing on the Blackstar site which states the HT Range is guitar only. If you really want something tuned more for bass, why not run a HT-Dual and then stick a Boss Bass EQ after it?

Loads of bassists use the current Blackstar range in front of an amp and they all sound killer. My bassist uses a HT-DistX with an Epiphone Thunderbird and his Ashdown stack and it sounds like the dirtiest Diesel tractor coming down the road - bloody marvellous!

Paddy

Phantom

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Don't worry Paddy ... any day now we'll get a reply from the Blackstar Boys ... all will come to light.

I agree though ... the pedals are awesome for bass. I have a bunch of mates that are using them and all blown away with how they keep the bottom end in tact ... I've used a few other pedals and they all seem to take the bass out of the bass ... which seems a little dumb to me ... go figure!

Phantom.

therabhus

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:10 pm

It is the sheer GRIND I have been most impressed with :D

Paddy

SCHEMATIC MAN

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:40 am

when i use my ht dual thru my gallien krugger 1001 2x15 stax ...its like ive just hit the nitro oxide switch on a small block chev.....WILD!!! ....yeh i dont use any boss fx with it Image

• Information