HT-5R headphones problem

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
mondeoman

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:02 pm

After using the headphones facility via the "emulated output/headphones" jacksocket only 3 times, it now won't cut the speaker off, I get sound thro' speaker and h/phones at the same time, amp is only 8 months old.
I had a look at the circuit board that carries the jack sockets and cannot see any prob' with the socket or board tracks.
Anyone had this problem ? Any ideas Guys ?

thephantum

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:33 pm

The emulated out does not disable the speaker. From the manual:
The stereo speaker emulated output can be used at the same time as the internal speaker/extension cab, providing headphone free monitoring or the choice to blend a mic’d speaker and emulated signal together for unrivalled usability when recording at home or in the studio.
To disable the speaker when using the emulated out, you need to put the amp in standby.

maurice_moss

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi, I think you may need to put the amp in standby for silent practice, just looking at the handbook under "standby" (front panel, point 14)

http://www.blackstaramps.com/pdf/handbo ... ndbook.pdf
14. Standby
This switch enables the operation of the power amp stage and speaker output.
Always turn this on at least 30 seconds after the Power switch (15). For silent
recording or practise this switch should be put in the standby position. This will
disable the power stage, but the emulated output will continue to work
If you're already doing that and it still isnt working, I'd contact Blackstar and see if it is a known issue

Hope that helps!

mondeoman

Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:40 pm

Thanks very much for the quick replies, "thephantum and Maurice", I have tried the standby switch off, this just cuts off the speaker, as it should, but no responce in the headphones, on previous occasions all I ever had to do was simply
plug the phones into the emulated output/headphone socket, (it's marked for the h/phones) and it cuts off the speaker and the headphones work, I have checked the phones of course, it's beginning to look like a circuit board/component fault, SIGH !!
Thanks again guys.

• Information