ID Core TVP Settings

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
THB

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:53 am

hi,

I just got an ID core 10.
Most of the factory settings were shown as TVP: EL 84.

If I edit a patch the TVP changes automatically to 6L6 and I am not able to change this.

Any ideas out there in cyberspace?

TIA
THB

THB

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:40 am

I tried to reproduce this behaviour on a second Insider installation on a different computer: TVP is set to EL84...

Well, well, for two weeks -and after two mails- no reaction from the Blackstar online support....

I'll sent my amp back...

Bye bye core series....

maurice_moss

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:19 am

Hi THB,

I haven't bought a Core yet but I'm looking at the 20Watt version..
I wasnt under the impression that these had TVP though, so I thought it behaved more like a normal digital amp... My ID:60 definitely has TVP though, so that doesnt bother me especially at the Core price!

Let me know what you think... have you tried ringing Blackstar directly?

THB

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:50 pm

I have a ID 60 as well.
In the Insider-software the TVP settings are disabled for the Core ID.
You can see the value for TVP in the table were the settings are shown, but you (or at least I) can't edit.

I did not ring Blackstar, as they state:
"We aim to answer all e-mail enquiries within a 24 hour period (longer at weekends)."

Well - it is 12 days now.... hello Customer support? Hello after sale service?

It is sad that Blackstar did not re-act. This is as well for the noise-gate problem in the crunch section which kills the tone at a certain level.... I do not want to comment further in this behaviour.... at least I am not amused...

THB

Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:58 pm

I had been contacted today by Blackstar. They recoverdd my mails fro,m their spam filter after reading the postings on the forum...

"With regard to the displayed TVP setting when connecting ID:Core to INSIDER, this is simply a default compatibility feature for loading patches on the ID:Series amps (which have TVP). The ID:Core units do not have TVP therefore when connected to INSIDER by default they will display EL84 on Clean Warm & Clean Bright, and 6L6 on all other channels because the amp would select these settings if used on an ID:Series amp."

Well, for me it sounded different than before, more different than a simple EQing.... anyway the amp is way back and I am looking forward for further software developments while thinking about purchasing an TVP 15....

• Information