HT60 Soloist - modded to improve stage visibility

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Gibsender

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:44 am

Hi All, new boy here so go easy ;)

I absolutely love the amp - the only one to get me away from 20 years of Fenders...

BUT, there always is one, on stage when you need to tweak something, which knob is which? When you are standing over your amp with guitar on, you cannot see the writing on the back plate so when I have reached down to turn the master volume up, I often just end up with masses of reverb :lol:

SOLUTION - I have stuck Dymo labels on the front of each knob so I can quickly see which is which.

Is this something that Blackstar would consider as a mod to suggest to the production team? Obviously a nicely backlit knob that had the letter of what it was for would really help.

What do you all think?
Attachments
HT60 Mod.JPG
The problem (and the solution)
HT60 Mod.JPG (183.33 KiB) Viewed 5249 times

DrewX7

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:11 pm

There are LOADs of replacement knobs you can buy (need to get the correct ones though) in different shapes and sizes and colors. I sure those label will fall off eventually. In reality, you will know what knob is what over time without a second thought. PS - you could have made labels for the TOP of the cab above the knobs to make it even easier.

MikeD

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Just a suggestion but why don´t you put the amp on a stand tilted upwards or up on a table or case ...that way you´ll see you knobs and you will hear yourself a whole lot better....no use in playing for yur feet ;-)

CovKid

Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:03 am

I did a similar thing with my HT40 although I only stuck labels on the three volumes as from the volumes I could then work out in dim light what the other knobs were in relation to the volumes. It worked but it was a pain to get the glue off when I traded it in for the HT60 Soloist. This time I have memorised where the knobs are.

Pete in Munich

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:04 am

I would just put the amp on a small stand or a beer crate to raise it up a bit so you can see the knobs.
I prefer to have my amp about thigh thigh , not too loud in my ear but high enough so I can tweak. the labels look terrible btw :o

• Information