HT 60+ Boss RC-3 + too much coffee = Cellphone video

Post your Blackstar sound clips and videos here!
cuyahoga

Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:27 am

Hello,
I have been getting myself reacquainted with playing after a long time off by, recording loops, shredding over them, recording stuff in studio one etc- ton of fun. So I got a an HT 60 about 2 years ago and have been practicing with a looper and having a blast. Here is a cellphone video and audio recording of me playing a through an HT 60 with a RC 3 loop pedal. The audio isn't the best.
https://youtu.be/rvadNyd7ONc :D

alvina35

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:58 am

The Boss RC-3 Looper, the compact pedal entry to Boss’ Loop Station range, is so tiny it’s hard to figure out where it keeps three hours of your awesome sounds. Compared to its much bigger brothers, the RC-30 and the RC-300, this looper is limited on features, but its portability at least makes up for that fact. The RC-3 Loop Station easily holds its own, both in features and price, compared to its bigger siblings.

cuyahoga

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:48 am

Hello alvina35,
I suppose the looper you want should be aligned with what you want to do. Originally, I go my looper for a fast way to develop song ideas. The RC-3 was not the first looper I got, but it is the one I settled on. I started with an RC-300, which was way to complex of a machine for me to figure out- I told the guy at guitar center that I wasn't smart enough to operate it correctly. So, I got an RC 1 which was a bit boring.
Now the R-3 did allow me to permanently record ideas into memory banks and use them later. It also has drums that come with it, which make it great for practicing with some sort of meter going on. You can also upload you own drum loops ( via usb ) into it! haha. So for the money the RC 3 was the best thing for me. It is used mostly for developing musical ideas, afterward I will fashion them a bit more using presonous and record multiple layers etc.
For a while, I was using my computer and presonous studio one to loop. It just wasn't convenient enough to do. The RC-3 to me is a sketch pad for practice and developing ideas. It does have plenty of room to record loops. I found that if I record too long of a musical loop it get bogged down. It is much more powerful than the looper on the the ID Core 100 that I have. If I wanted to perform using loops I would take the time to learn the RC-300.

• Information